We invite all groups of homeschools, public schools, private schools, scouts, church groups, business teams, large families, non-profits, distance learners, preschools, corporate staff, client/customer appreciations, and many others! We strive to provide age appropriate fun agricultural themed learning objectives and hands on experiential activities for all ages so everyone will leave with an understanding of life on an orchard! We’re happy to customize a tour or event to meet your group’s specific needs (or attention span for the little ones); consider us gracious hosts who want to offer your group a memorable experience.
Our orchards and wagon tour equipment are able to accommodate elderly groups and those with disabilities. During peak season (September & October), tours are generally hosted on Tuesday mornings as Orchard resources (staff and equipment) are in high demand during harvest; especially on on peak season weekends (Fri – Sun) when we need 100% support at our bustling market barn. Our shoulder season (May, June, July, & August) are great times for our team to host tours on the weekends, and with more flexibility in our schedule. Please send us an email to coordinate your group during these months.
We are now taking reservations for our Fall 2021 Farm Tour and Educational Workshops. Please register here!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
- A maximum of 1-1/2 hour farm experience with the option to extend your stay with your own packed lunch
- A cup of freshly pressed apple cider and a popcorn snack
- A brief introduction from the Gammie family or our staff along with a safety minute and farm overview
- Bring your singing voice, as some staff have been known to lead groups in a fun sing-along
- An educational farm tour (catered to your age group) that highlights agricultural-themed learning objectives such as blossom anatomy, pollination, identification of different types of fruit trees, orchard infrastructure, post-harvest technologies, food safety, and supply chain-delivery logistics where you’ll learn how apples go from our tree to your table
- A guided tractor-pulled wagon ride through our orchards and adjoining Erie Metroparks Edison Woods Preserve
- A quick picking lesson followed by Pick Your Own apples (4 apples per guest is included with the tour price, however more apples may be harvested for an additional charge)
- Pick your own miniature pumpkin or gourd (additional charge)
- Storytelling with orchard-themed books, and a chance to play on “haystack tower” rounds out this farm experience
- A friendly lick and wagging tail from our resident attack dogs (i.e. our golden retrievers), Water and Hudson
- Our extended Quarry Hill family includes our local honeybees and some pesky poison ivy out in the orchard…please be mindful of the dogs and bees in your proximity as you enjoy some time at the farm, thank you!