apple peak – OCTOBER 17, 2015
On Saturday, October 17th, Quarry Hill Orchards will celebrate a true taste of autumn with their First Annual Apple Peak Gathering. This event will highlight the peak of harvest, the turning of the leaves, and an appreciation for all things local. This event is free and open to the public.
Quarry Hill Orchards has teamed up with local and regional favorites to bring a full day of flavors, engaging activities, and unique keepsakes for all ages.
What to Expect:
- COFFEE 9:00 am: Espresso Trailer by Storm Mountain Coffee Roasters will be serving specialty drinks like “capple-chinos” and “apple cider italian sodas” among other coffee drinks. Breakfast snacks include apple fritters, pies, and pumpkin muffins.
- LUNCH 10:00 am – 2:00 pm: Food Truck strEAT Mobile Bistro and catering company Cleveland Vegan will be offering some delicious lunch options. The vegan menu includes classic chili and cornbread as well as some tasty treats such as scones, donuts, cookies and muffins and kombucha to sip on. Cleveland Vegan is an all vegan cafe, bakery and full service catering business from Lakewood. strEAT Mobile Bistro is one of Northeast Ohio’s award winning gourmet food trucks – they are inspired by local and seasonal ingredients, really fun foods or simply any opportunity to create some deliciousness. Picnic areas are available!
- PICK YOUR OWN APPLES: all day
- LIVE BROADCAST 10:00am – noon: 95.3 WLKR Live Boadcast with Kelly Rose
- YOGA 10:00am: Yoga in the Orchard with Open Way Yoga. Exercise, stretch and explore the breath link between mind and body. This class will include light flow mixed with longer holds and will be accessible to all people regardless of age, ability, or experience. Class fee is $13 (cash only at the event). Pre-register on-line for a discounted rate of $10 by using pay pal here: www.openwayyoga.com or use your class card. In the event of inclement weather any person pre-registered will be given a class voucher to use at any regularly scheduled class at Open Way Yoga in Huron.
- LIVE MUSIC: Acoustic guitar by our friends Phil Weilnau and Sugar Maple 6 (noon – 2:00 pm)
- WAGON RIDES: Hourly…on the hour….pending cooperation from our 2640!
- FAMILY PHOTOS: Family Photos with Thomas & Thomas Photography: Advance reservations required
- HIKING: Hiking through Edison Woods in the Erie MetroParks
OCTOBER 10 & 11, 2015
Antique Tractor Show
Presented by: Lake Erie Antique Power
Branch 103 of the Early Days Gas Engine and Tractor Association will be hosting their annual Lake Erie Antique Power Tractor Show and Regional Meeting at Quarry Hill Orchards. The event is open to the public, and is a great event for the kids! Featuring tractors, machines from the past, Buzz saw, burr mill, hit & miss engines, corn sheller, blacksmith, handmade brooms, rug weaving and classic cars.
Kiddie tractor pull is on Saturday at 2:00pm. Prizes for all age groups.
OCTOBER 11 – 12, 2014
Antique Tractor Show
Event sponsor: Branch 103 of the Early Days Gas Engine and Tractor Association.
Branch 103 of the Early Days Gas Engine and Tractor Association will be hosting their annual Lake Erie Antique Power Tractor Show and Regional Meeting at Quarry Hill Orchards. The event is open to the public, and is a great event for the kids! Come out to see dozens of antique tractors in the front lawn of the market.
SEPTEMBER 25, 2014
Event sponsor: Spice of Life Catering Co.
Quarry Hill Orchards has been the selected as one of the venues for 2014 Plated Landscapes. At this event, guests will enjoy an evening of fine dining atop linen-draped tables among our orchards overlooking the sunset; Northeast Ohio’s first and finest farm-to-table dining experience. Five-courses, expertly paired with wines, featuring ingredients that guests may have picked themselves. With this exclusive traveling restaurant concept, chefs are given full creative license with the best ingredients our farm has to offer.
SEPTEMBER 7, 2014
Run, Hike, and Explore the Woods and Prairies
Event sponsor: The Friends of Erie MetroParks
Go Take a Hike Kick-off 2014 will take place on Sunday, September 7, at Edison Woods MetroPark in Berlin Heights from 2:30 until 5:00 p.m. Registration is at 2:30 p.m. and the guided hikes of various distances through the prairie, orchards, and woods will begin promptly at 2:59 p.m. Come early to enjoy the camaraderie and the music of D.J. Ed Dalton!
The event will also include a 5-K run. Registration for Run the Woods is at 1:30, and the race begins at 2:30. The natural terrain course will include Quarry Hill apple orchard, Edison woods and meadows. There will be activities for all ages: hayrides with historical narration of the history of Berlin Heights and Edison Woods, three-legged races, bobbing for apples, nature crafts, storytelling, music, and complimentary refreshments. The farm stand of Quarry Hill Orchard will be open for those wishing to share the bounty of the harvest.
AUGUST 2-3, 2014
Pedal to the Point
Event sponsor: National MS Society, Ohio Buckeye Chapter
Quarry Hill Orchards will serve as a rest stop for bikers participating in this out and back ride through northern Ohio pastoral countryside. Family and friends of bikers are strongly encouraged to stop at the farm for some fun, and to cheer on your participant!